Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lost between Mickey mouse and Diwali

The last weeks were a bit busy for me, therefore hardly any news on my blog, but will do my best to catch up.

Last news, the All Blacks won the world cup, well, I guess you know that by now.

I left New Zealand on Haloween with a bunch of Air New Zealand stewardesses and pilots dressed up as ghosts and witches. The pilot was actually the ghost and I was wondering who was flying the airplane.
Nevertheless, we arrived in LA and took a shuttle to Anaheim (1 hour drive). Boring place! Only hotels and inns and Disneyland. Mickey mouse is everywhere! Don't go there unless you have five children! I was there as a government civil servant for a conference and felt a bit misplaced, to be honest.

The big and growing community of Indian expats in New Zealand and especially Wellington had a nice gathering last month: Diwali, the Indian sort of New Year's festival of lights that brings happiness and joy to everybody!

You should listen to the latest Bollywood song: My name is Sheela ....

or even worse: here

No comments:

Post a Comment